• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Blown Up Makarov = Sorry, it is gone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Like I said, other than the barrel being bulged, everything else seems OK.
What would be helpful is to start soaking the barrel/pin/frame "affected area" asap in your bestest nut buster oil. That'd give the buyer a head start on removal of the "offending member". Lotsa info on the interwebs re barrel swaps on Masks; and most makes are fairly comparable. Like Frank sez; proper tools are pretty handy. Or just send it off to some alley in Afghanistan...those guys can make any type of gun parts out of old hummus cans and leftover Invader Eqpt.
They might even have an old ruski armorer's chest in uncle Mustafa's 🐪 barn.

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think I have brand new chrome lined barrels. I had an ad up a couple of years ago. A gunsmith out of PA bought a couple. He is now a member here. I'll try to find his handle if that would be helpful.

unnamedfiend

New to the site!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is I believe a Bulgarian Makarov in 9mm Makarov. It was blown up due to an obstruction in the barrel (never loan firearms to idiots). I don't know if it can be repaired but it comes with two magazines, the better Makarov grips. rubber grip sleeve, cleaning rod and original box, so it has some spare parts value.
Hello Frank, I’m new to the forum as a friend of mine showed me, I cannot find where to private message you but feel free to private message me. Thank you

redirtcollector

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Like I said, other than the barrel being bulged, everything else seems OK.

I think I have brand new chrome lined barrels. I had an ad up a couple of years ago. A gunsmith out of PA bought a couple. He is now a member here. I'll try to find his handle if that would be helpful.
Info on barrels

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one in .380 and am somewhat familiar, but if I can get the slide off, I can replace the barrel. Requires a special press but its doable. Just making everything else isl good before considering it.
If you are into working on guns, I have an H&R model 999, pre-war in very good condition EXCEPT the cylinder lock is either broken or bent so that it will not reliably hold alignment with the barrel. You can shoot it if you are very careful, but obviously this is not ideal. In working condition, these sell for between $500 to $ 1,000, I have no notion of what it would be worth in this condition. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• DSCN1645.JPG
    DSCN1645.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1646.JPG
    DSCN1646.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0