Blue Label Qualifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a store earlier today looking at blue label glocks. I'm a 100% disabled veteran with a military ID (form 2765). I've purchased law enforcement only models before from other dealers (including Glock blue labels). I was told today by the dealer that I did not qualify for blue label pricing. Needless to say they missed out on the purchase of two pistols, I was hoping to pick up a Glock 20 and a Glock 43. Does anyone know if this is a new policy or of any dealers in the Tulsa area that will sell blue label to a person with a valid military ID. I was also going to pick up a Glock 365 there as well but after their attitude I decided to not purchase.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you go to the right Seller? Here is how this works taken from the Glock Website.

https://us.glock.com/buy/blue-label-program

Eligible participants may purchase two pistols per calendar year and may order from a participating GLOCK Law Enforcement Distributor, Sub-Distributor, or directly from GLOCK, Inc. Purchases from Law Enforcement Distributors with a retail location or Sub-Distributor purchases can be done directly at their location by simply showing your credentials. For a list of Law Enforcement Distributors or Sub-Distributors in your area visit our DEALER LOCATOR, enter your zip code and check LE Dealers to search those specifically. If you have further questions, call our Customer Service Department at 770-432-1202.

Go to the Glock link above to and click on DEALER LOCATOR hot link to find a Dealer

Here is the Vet requirement from Glock.

• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
    (Military picture ID front & back)
    DD214/discharge papers do not qualify – If you cannot submit your ID please use our dealer locator to find a dealer in your area
I would think that a DD2765 should work. Why don't you call Glock for Help.

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DD 2765 that's the tan one right? That might be why. You have to be Active/Reserve retired military or LEO to qualify for Glock's blue label program if I remember correctly. Could be wrong though havent used it in a while.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 2765 is tan, however some veterans who are medically retired have them, I'm not sure why exactly they are different. I was at a Blue Label Dealer. I've bought several firearms from him before but now doubt I'll be doing it again. They list all their prices out the door with tax included. I asked for the price without tax as I'm sales tax exempt and he got snippy saying that the price is the same because the tax still has to be paid. The owner spoke up and quoted me the price but I'm not sure if it's any different than the tax with price as the tag just said "ask".

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go back to the owner and ask your question to him. Explain you have purchased the blue label guns there in the past and would like to know if the policy has changed.

Snippy could just be interpreted from a misinformed embarrassed employee.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rogers county pawn in claremore is a blue label dealer. I’ve been through some of the same thing as you. Some will accept that ID and some won’t.
GT Distributors would not until I called Glock.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for GT. They are a distributor for the Oklahoma area. They have the BL pricing on their website. The last gun I ordered from them, shipping was $15.00. Transfer at SSP was $10.00. I did have to email them photos of my ID, but it was a done deal from them to me in less than a week.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 2765 is tan, however some veterans who are medically retired have them, I'm not sure why exactly they are different. I was at a Blue Label Dealer. I've bought several firearms from him before but now doubt I'll be doing it again. They list all their prices out the door with tax included. I asked for the price without tax as I'm sales tax exempt and he got snippy saying that the price is the same because the tax still has to be paid. The owner spoke up and quoted me the price but I'm not sure if it's any different than the tax with price as the tag just said "ask".
If you are medically retired it is the blue id, the tan shows that the person, while 100% disabled by the VA is not retired from military. Yeah, I'd tell them to kmb on the taxes, and remind them that is not what the law says, and it's not an excise tax either. Had someone try that one before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom