• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK BNIB Preban Colt R6600 Green Label

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I’m just curious. What is the difference in this and a current ar? Why does pre-ban make the price higher on these rifles? Also will our current rifles be with more after the next assault ban is lifted? Will there be multi level pre assault ban prices?
Please help educate me.

Honestly? There isn't a lot of difference. As a matter of fact, these older guns aren't as versatile due to a few things like the screw-type front take-down pin, sometimes the pins are different size than mil-spec on the Colt guns, fixed carry handle, etc. But they shoot and function just like a new one. If you're looking for just a shooter to knock around the range, this probably isn't the gun for you.

Just like any quality gun from a legacy, American gun maker, these appeal to collectors because of slight differences from one model to the next and collectors want every one. And since they aren't making them any longer, supply and demand sets the price. High demand + small supply = higher price. Sometimes there's a perception of higher quality with the older guns vs newer.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0
Honestly? There isn't a lot of difference. As a matter of fact, these older guns aren't as versatile due to a few things like the screw-type front take-down pin, sometimes the pins are different size than mil-spec on the Colt guns, fixed carry handle, etc. But they shoot and function just like a new one. If you're looking for just a shooter to knock around the range, this probably isn't the gun for you.

Just like any quality gun from a legacy, American gun maker, these appeal to collectors because of slight differences from one model to the next and collectors want every one. And since they aren't making them any longer, supply and demand sets the price. High demand + small supply = higher price. Sometimes there's a perception of higher quality with the older guns vs newer.
This is what I figured was the reason. From a collector standpoint this is a nice rifle.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This is what I figured was the reason. From a collector standpoint this is a nice rifle.
Yep. And like I said, i took this in on a trade. I would not have spent this kind of money on a rifle. If I did it would have been just to keep as a collector in its brand new condition.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

They can still be picked up for a good deal! 😬

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The green label colts allows for a person to drop in a legally owned auto sear, or lighting link, just as long as they are legally licensed NFA sears.🥸
Yes, and that was supposedly the attraction to these preban guns pre-Y2K even though I seriously doubt ANY of the guys buying them had sears (legal or not).

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nervous Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Latest posts

Top Bottom