• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK BNIB Preban Colt R6600 Green Label

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yes, and that was supposedly the attraction to these preban guns pre-Y2K even though I seriously doubt ANY of the guys buying them had sears (legal or not).
Nobody could afford sears back then if you could get them. Most everyone was stocking up on dehydrated water for the apocalypse.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nobody could afford sears back then if you could get them. Most everyone was stocking up on dehydrated water for the apocalypse.
That does remind me of the Stephen Wright bit where he says in his dry, monotone voice “I bought dehydrated water but I don’t know what to add”. 😂😂😂😂

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’m just curious. What is the difference in this and a current ar? Why does pre-ban make the price higher on these rifles? Also will our current rifles be with more after the next assault ban is lifted? Will there be multi level pre assault ban prices?
Please help educate me.
I'll add my 2 cents. We'll think about the time these were produced. I think there were only a handful of companies making an AR. Also you get the... if it isn't a Colt it's a copy crowd.

You still had the 1989 AWB in play and only domestic rifles could have evil features. All imports had to have evil features removed.. in comes the AWB of 1994. Now all new production domestic rifles could not have evil features.

The green label rifles had the receiver open for full auto sears. Blue label Colts had a block preventing an auto sear. Plus Colt used over sized pins to make it hard to use military parts.

Long story short is your paying for the name. An older rifle new in box or like new in box is crack to collectors. The AWB of 1994 sunsetting in 2004 hurt prices on pre 94 rifles. Now any producer can have all the evil features on their rifles. But there still is a small group that pay collector prices.

As far as prices if there is another AWB all depends on how it's written. If your rifle is still legal to own and you can transfer ownership then prices will go up. But your rifle could be worthless if it is illegal to own or once you die the rifle has to be destroyed.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'll add my 2 cents. We'll think about the time these were produced. I think there were only a handful of companies making an AR. Also you get the... if it isn't a Colt it's a copy crowd.

You still had the 1989 AWB in play and only domestic rifles could have evil features. All imports had to have evil features removed.. in comes the AWB of 1994. Now all new production domestic rifles could not have evil features.

The green label rifles had the receiver open for full auto sears. Blue label Colts had a block preventing an auto sear. Plus Colt used over sized pins to make it hard to use military parts.

Long story short is your paying for the name. An older rifle new in box or like new in box is crack to collectors. The AWB of 1994 sunsetting in 2004 hurt prices on pre 94 rifles. Now any producer can have all the evil features on their rifles. But there still is a small group that pay collector prices.

As far as prices if there is another AWB all depends on how it's written. If your rifle is still legal to own and you can transfer ownership then prices will go up. But your rifle could be worthless if it is illegal to own or once you die the rifle has to be destroyed.
I came back to this thread to drool some more and you just threw a bucket of cold water on me. Might as well go do some more brush dragging now.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm going out on a limb and say that if you put this on gunbroker you may be surprised at what you get for it. Hell, I'm thinking about buying it and putting it up there. lol

ATTN: ATF, I'm just kidding you putzes!
I’m ok with that. In fact I just dropped the price down to $3,200! 😬

Latest posts

Top Bottom