Bodies of 2 Duck Hunters Found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not particularly but as previously stated, they're an ATV first so they ride very low into the water depending on how much weight they have in them.

Not only that, but Saturday, when they went missing is when the wind started picking up hard out of the South. They probably got caught re-crossing the lake after the wind picked up and still had they're waders on.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my good friends dad died when we were kids the same way. Went duck hunting early and the lake was still when they went out. Too much weight in a little boat. The wind picked up and the waves swamped them on the way in. It has happened a lot of times over the years. If it gets windy on you and you don't have a high draft boat, stay along the shore or just wait till help comes. No need to die over it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, lost my best friend and two others on Kaw back in the day. They went out in a 14' Jon boat loaded with guns, gear, dog etc. high winds evidently swamped the boat. My friend has a life jacket on but died of hypothermia. The other two floated up in the spring.

A month later, two dentists from Tulsa died in the same area under similar circumstances. They didn't float up until spring either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom