Duck hunters be careful out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is very sad and unfortunately.

Please wear your wader belt on your wader, and it could save your life if you fall in the water.

IMG_2812.png

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a horrible tragedy. Something though is not adding up. I can’t count the number of times that I overfilled my waders and took the drink.

I am wondering if his feet were tangled in brush, he fell and hit his head or something else. It has not been overly cold for hypothermia to get him quickly so there might be more that we are not hearing.

I feel for his family.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a horrible tragedy. Something though is not adding up. I can’t count the number of times that I overfilled my waders and took the drink.

I am wondering if his feet were tangled in brush, he fell and hit his head or something else. It has not been overly cold for hypothermia to get him quickly so there might be more that we are not hearing.

I feel for his family.
Same thoughts here. I stepped in a beaver run in a flooded creek bottom once, went up to my head. Waders mostly just press to your body. I got out, but dang near froze to death before I got dried off and inside a vehicle.

I missed a good opportunity to die some years before that during a duck hunt also - if the weather was much colder that day I'd probably have been in real trouble.

Y'all be careful - that stuff happens in the blink of an eye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom