Body found in a duffle bag in Bethany

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nada... awfully strange. You'd think by now they'd at least have given some information on age/race/sex...

I'm not super familar with that area, but I know there is a big field area that's overgrown between 23rd and 30th just to the west of Rockwell, is that where they're talking about?

I think so. There is a treed area just west of the Homeland. Used to be a Skaggs Alpha-Beta. This sort of thing never would have happened when the Mormons owned the grocery store!!!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think so. There is a treed area just west of the Homeland. Used to be a Skaggs Alpha-Beta. This sort of thing never would have happened when the Mormons owned the grocery store!!!

Ya, looking on Google maps it's the one I was thinking of. It has a skinny portion that runs all the way up to 30th. I know someone who lived on 30th just to the West of there almost to Council... scary close to that!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, looking on Google maps it's the one I was thinking of. It has a skinny portion that runs all the way up to 30th. I know someone who lived on 30th just to the West of there almost to Council... scary close to that!

yep you had the area right...I'm less than a mile from where this happened. That is part of why I am so interested in it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to news reports:

"Police and OSBI agents believe the body has been there for three or four days."

"Bethany Police Chief Phil Cole says investigators don't know much about the body other than that it appears to have been behind the store for several days."

"We are even unsure of the sex of the deceased. It appears it's been here two or three days," Cole said."

"One of the workers say a large, black duffel bag with a dead body inside."

"The group spotted a green duffel bag that looked suspicious in a grassy area behind the grocery story and then called police. An officer arrived, unzipped the bag and discovered human remains."

"Because of the level of decomposition, the age and sex of the deceased person cannot be determined yet."

So which was it... green or black bag?

How can only 3 or 4 days of decomposition cause them to not even be able to determine the sex?

So many questions... Not that it matters to let us know really, but you'd think if they could release some more details, they might have a better chance of ID on the body and maybe someone remembering something or ???

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Botched inside job perhaps? (Just trying to lure out the tinfoil hats:wave:)

Well, if anybody was gonna get it I would have thought it would be that snarky little Barney Fife fella they have scooting around on the motorcycle terrorizing the fine citizens of Bethany ... but alas, nope ... I saw him accosting a woman in the Taco Bueno parking lot this morning while we were on our way to OAS. lol

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way it reads, it sounds as if the bag was afield only 3 days, but the remains were much older (as in they sat someplace else and then were dumped).

Not at all asserting that is what happened, but that is what I infer from how the article and quotes are presented, though I don't believe is how the author and Bethany PD intended to present it.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way it reads, it sounds as if the bag was afield only 3 days, but the remains was much older (as in they sat someplace else and then were dumped).

Not at all asserting that is what happened, but that is what I infer from how the article and quotes are presented, which I don't believe is howthe author and Bethany PD intended to present it.

Lord ... and I didn't think the story could get any creepier than it already was ... :lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom