Bought My First CCW Pistol Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As the title says, I bought my first CCW pistol. It's a Kahr CW45. I've been looking for sometime now and couldn't decide what I wanted. I wanted a 45, Kimber Ultra Carry, but I couldn't afford one. Maybe one day. This Kahr feels to me to be very balanced and fits my hand. I bought it at Outdoors America. The salesman was Mike. He was really great helping me out. Now all I have to do is get enrolled in a class and do all the paper work ect.. I have a buddy that a couple of weeks ago, bought a Keltic 9mm and 380. He wants to take the class and get his CCW too. Maybe he'll motivate me to get it done!

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
nice i just order me a kahr pm9 for summer carry..i still like carrying my xd9 though.

I like the XD9's. I have a XD45 that I really like, but I thought it was just too big and heavy to carry. I like the 45acp round and wanted to stay with it and this Kahr fit the bill. Can I ask you a question? Why do you need a 9mm for summer carry? Just curious. I would think that this Kahr, one could carry it year round. I don't know, I've never carried before. Another question. So what about a holster! I don't have a clue. I want to get one, but I thought I'd wait to go to the class and see what the instructor says. I've tried looking at them online, but haven't figured it out yet. I thought I'd ask you guys.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the XD9's. I have a XD45 that I really like, but I thought it was just too big and heavy to carry. I like the 45acp round and wanted to stay with it and this Kahr fit the bill. Can I ask you a question? Why do you need a 9mm for summer carry? Just curious. I would think that this Kahr, one could carry it year round. I don't know, I've never carried before. Another question. So what about a holster! I don't have a clue. I want to get one, but I thought I'd wait to go to the class and see what the instructor says. I've tried looking at them online, but haven't figured it out yet. I thought I'd ask you guys.

will boil down to preference. I carry a 1911 IWB in leather - about to buy the mtac to give me more options on what I can wear when carrying and not worry as much with the difference in cant and such.

the crossbreed, comptac, don hume, galco etc are all good quality. Don't go cheap. IWB is easiest for concealment for most people for obvious reasons. Get a good stiff leather belt the stiffest you can it makes a difference.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
will boil down to preference. I carry a 1911 IWB in leather - about to buy the mtac to give me more options on what I can wear when carrying and not worry as much with the difference in cant and such.

the crossbreed, comptac, don hume, galco etc are all good quality. Don't go cheap. IWB is easiest for concealment for most people for obvious reasons. Get a good stiff leather belt the stiffest you can it makes a difference.

I'm not really experience with the CCW. I want a nice holster. I don't know what a mtac is. Can you give me a website if there is one? I guess I can google it! HAHA Thanks for the info, I'll go online and see what is out there.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really experience with the CCW. I want a nice holster. I don't know what a mtac is. Can you give me a website if there is one? I guess I can google it! HAHA Thanks for the info, I'll go online and see what is out there.

if ya google comptac or crossbreed first result is what ya need. MTAC is a specific model holster leather backed with kydex mold to snap the gun in. A good holster will last years and hold up. I am fairly new but learning quick and tons of great knowledge out there.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a CW45. Nice gun. Get a golf glove to go shoot it tho. The rough finish on the thumb guard will wear a hickey on your thumb.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the title says, I bought my first CCW pistol. It's a Kahr CW45. I've been looking for sometime now and couldn't decide what I wanted. I wanted a 45, Kimber Ultra Carry, but I couldn't afford one. Maybe one day. This Kahr feels to me to be very balanced and fits my hand. I bought it at Outdoors America. The salesman was Mike. He was really great helping me out. Now all I have to do is get enrolled in a class and do all the paper work ect.. I have a buddy that a couple of weeks ago, bought a Keltic 9mm and 380. He wants to take the class and get his CCW too. Maybe he'll motivate me to get it done!

Just be sure to run plenty of ammo through it to ensure reliability.
Otherwise you could wind up with nothing more than an expensive hammer in a sticky situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom