Bow and a Bobcat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Can't say from experience on a cat but I've never had problems with any other species. I've never been able to get a deer in the freezer in under 3-4 hours, and they've been ok.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a feat getting one with a bow. It should make a great mount. You would be shocked at how many I have had 10 yards or less. Had one last year that got within 10 feet of me when it finally noticed me, flattened out and then growled at me. That was a first.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
got it. 22 pounder.

so, i have a question now. i was thinking about looking in to getting this stuffed. when i got home i checked online real quick and one site said not to gut it or anything and to let it cool and get it in the freezer asap. well i shot it at 430pm and it was between 630-700 before i got it in the freezer. did i wait to long, or will it be alright ?

Cool! It's a nice looking cat for sure, hope the mount comes out good. Quite an accomplishment with a bow.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! I've had them close enough to shoot with a bow before but have never had the bow with me when it's happened. It's a pretty good feeling when everything works out just right. Looks like it'll make a pretty cool mount

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shootin Tex! They are a pretty small target to hit. I got one a few years back with a bow and hit him too far back, behind the rib cage, but it damn near cut him in half. Spine was the only thing holding him together. He ran under a brush pile and I waited till dark to get him. Shined my little crappy light under the brush and all I could see were two eyes glowing back at me. It took a few minutes of getting my nerves up enough and talking myself into believing he was already dead before I reached my hand under there to grab him. It woulda been like noodling a piranha if he happened to still be alive! Luckily he had expired. Good job, keep em coming!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks. ive got it in the freezer. still lookin in to getting a full mount. been lookin at a few websites, just trying decide which taxidermist to use at a decent price. any suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom