Bowling pin Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good day today.

I think it was your buddy Tim that knocked me out!!

Great shooting today though and for a great cause!!

Dave

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it was Dave. I'm trying to get Tim to join us here in OSA. He's former military and he has an extensive gun collection with a wealth of knowledge to boot! I have all of the decent photos loaded on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/franklin.edwards.39 and am loading up the videos now, but it is taking forever and a day to get it done. My phone was about dead by the time I left. LOL

Last edited:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think ratski knocked out one of my buddies. Here is a video of them shooting. I can tell you that knocking down the pins is not that hard. Shooting them off the table after they fall down (and are pointing directly at you), that's a whole other deal. Dr. D did well

Last edited by a moderator:

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that was one of the guys that I donated a shirt to. I am taking notes and stashing them away for the day I finally get to compete, so you guys better watch out! Lol

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that was one of the guys that I donated a shirt to. I am taking notes and stashing them away for the day I finally get to compete, so you guys better watch out! Lol

Yes, Fred that was he and I that you gave the shirts to. It was very much appreciated. Although it didn't help our shooting any......

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neat,
I watched the video and looks like that guy went through almost 4 magazines to clear them from the table.
I shot some pins a few months ago for the first time.
Before shooting them I was like what is the big deal.
Then I shot one with my 45acp.. that thing spun in the air and flew off the 2x4 it was balanced on.
I then shot one with the 357 mag.. a light 158gr at 1050fps it just fell over no spinning.

Amazing what the heavier bullet does to the pin.
Much fun for sure.
So is this 4x8 table facing you with the 4 foot side so that the pins are lined up the 4 foot side and you must clear the length of the table?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4x8 table is broadside to you.
5 pins on the table about a foot apart.

You have to knock the pin off the table.
So if it falls on the table, you still have to hit it and knock it off.
Sometimes you hit it again and all it does is spin around and laugh at you.

Mags have a max load of 8.
You can use as many mags as you want/need.

I've seen guys do it in 5 rounds and about 6 seconds and other that shoot 40 rounds and still have to reshoot the round after the 60 seconds are up.

One of the rounds this week, the two guys tied after shooting about 4 mags each.
In the rematch, on the same lanes, one of the guys only took about 8 rounds to clear the table.

You just never know.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom