Brass wire tumbling media?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmym40a2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just did the brass thing and it worked great. I just used a little dawn dishwashing detergent with it. I put every thing from 9mm to 50bmg in to test it. Some was dirty range brass and some farily clean. Abot an hour and a half it was like new clean. I used a RCBS sidewinder tumbler. I got the brass media when I was in town at H&H. I didnt think clean up was as bad as regular media.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to a welding shop and buy brass weld rod. Get it cheap. I have not yet found a economical rock tumbler.

Ya, I just don't want to have to cut it all up and besides, I want stainless and I think some of the stainless media comes with several different sizes and shapes for a more uniform result in getting into all the nooks and crannies.

I know what you mean about tumblers... the good ones that will last are expensive but Harbor Freight does offer one and the reviews on it tell how to fix all of the little problems that occur. Mainly it has belt tension issues and sometimes the motors don't last but they are significantly cheaper and for the price you can get their protection plan for up to two years and just swap them out when they go bad. It still ends up being a reasonable cost / risk scenario.

Latest posts

Top Bottom