Breakfast in Britain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took the kids for a road trip through the UK and Ireland a couple of years ago. My daughter, who is a french fry fanatic, was really annoyed in the beginning when we ordered her chips haha. My son on the other hand tried everything new that he could. He REALLY enjoyed the beans for breakfast part but wasn't crazy about the blood sausage. I was extremely proud of him for jumping in and trying anything in good faith though!

I am very grateful my wife also prioritizes trying to expose the kids to as much of the world as possible. We both grew up pretty modest but our parents found it important to show us how big the world was at least once growing up. I think it really helps keep things in perspective on how similar the common person is from country to country and culture to culture. Everyday folks like us are really just worried about paying our bills, having fun when we can, and setting up our kids to be successful and well rounded adults. There are exceptions of course, but most of us are more alike than we are different.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took the kids for a road trip through the UK and Ireland a couple of years ago. My daughter, who is a french fry fanatic, was really annoyed in the beginning when we ordered her chips haha. My son on the other hand tried everything new that he could. He REALLY enjoyed the beans for breakfast part but wasn't crazy about the blood sausage. I was extremely proud of him for jumping in and trying anything in good faith though!

I am very grateful my wife also prioritizes trying to expose the kids to as much of the world as possible. We both grew up pretty modest but our parents found it important to show us how big the world was at least once growing up. I think it really helps keep things in perspective on how similar the common person is from country to country and culture to culture. Everyday folks like us are really just worried about paying our bills, having fun when we can, and setting up our kids to be successful and well rounded adults. There are exceptions of course, but most of us are more alike than we are different.

Well said. Except for Radical Fundamental Islamic Terrorists, who teach their children to hate.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well said. Except for Radical Fundamental Islamic Terrorists, who teach their children to hate.
Well yeah, there are always exceptions, but we aren't dragging our kids into those environments. They can learn those lessons remotely haha.

You could leave Islamic out of that statement and still ring true as well. Westborough wasn't exactly teaching peace and love.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look forward to the day I get to go have a full english while in england. My buddy over there always talks about getting bbq too. I dunno what to think of that.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1 Quid = $1.39
8 Quid = $ 11.10 Breakfast
10 Quid = $13.87 Cookies
18 Quid = $24.97 Total

That much breakfast for $11.10 wasn’t too bad.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a full English breakfast once in London. Did not care for the blood sausage but the beans did provide me plenty of gas to power thru the day. :P

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a full English breakfast once in London. Did not care for the blood sausage but the beans did provide me plenty of gas to power thru the day. :P

Always been curious, is the taste of blood sausage close to anything else(that is palatable or at least edible)? I hope that you don’t say chicken.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always been curious, is the taste of blood sausage close to anything else(that is palatable or at least edible)? I hope that you don’t say chicken.
I am not a huge fan of liver, but I like blood sausage just fine. It has a little bit of the metallic taste, but not quite as strong as liver is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom