Bricktown Haunted Warehouse carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have known better when I went with some co-workers on Friday night to the Bricktown Haunted Warehouse. When we got close to the front of the line, one of my coworkers pointed out that security was wanding everyone and joked that they hoped I wasn't armed. Well I was and I saw no weapon signs on the door too. I decided to head back to the car to disarm, and also effectively let all of my coworkers know I was carrying, which is another problem in and of itself. As I walked past the people in line I decided to ask the dude that appeared to be in charge of security if their "no weapons" sign applied to legally concealed firearms.

He told me to follow him and headed to the ticket booth. I wasn't sure what he was planning, but I was curious so I followed. He told me I could leave my firearm in the ticket booth and then proceeded to let me in the door so I could disarm in private. I would not recommend leaving your firearms with strangers, but this was a little surreal and I decided to let it play out. So inside the ticket booth I proceeded to disarm, unload, lock open the action and put my gun in the secured cardboard box provided. I went ahead and tossed in my CWL so they knew who it belonged to.

When I was done I went back in the ticket booth loaded up, thanked them and went about my business. Very strange. I can't believe they would take on the liability of securing customer's firearms and I can't believe I just gave up my firearm to some strangers in a ticket booth with no documentation. Or more importantly went to Bricktown, armed or unarmed.

It would actually be nice if posted and prohibited locations provided monitored lockers for such things. Most of the time I avoid the situations in the first place, but that doesn't always happen.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that was good of them to do what they did, but like you, kinda surprised they accepted the responsibility of keeping your gun. My wife has been in several hospitals, and none will store my gun while I'm staying with her. I don't like leaving it in the car overnight, but not much a choice when you're spending the night at a hospital.

I certainly hope that after the tour you went upstairs to Peach Wave and had a frozen yogurt. My daughter's husband and father-in-law could use the business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom