Brightest and most durable long lasting flashlight ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may have been asked before but I am looking for basically the best flashlight out there....it needs to be blinding bright with a good battery life...and not overly large. Preferably not a tail cap button. I know....asking for the impossible? A rechargeable car adaptor model is preferred but not absolutely critical. Suggestions?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I've been a tactical flashlight lover for many years.

The best light I've seen/used/owned is the very one I have on my belt currently - the Surefire G2X Tactical.

What makes this light so special, IMHO, is the absolutely gorgeous neutral beam. It doesn't have that bluish tint that the Chinese LED lights all have and 320 lumens is plenty of light for me to illuminate and determine whether or not a person is friend or foe at well over 50 yards.

Also...avoid rechargeales like the plague!

Here's why.

A few years ago, before I discovered Surefire, I was assisting another agency with a manhunt. With my trusty Streamlight SL-20 in hand, I got about a quarter mile away from my car when my damn light quits.

Like a defeated beauty pageant contestant and with the help of a mini keychain light, I sauntered back to my car with as much dignity as I could muster and went home.

A few days later, I saw one of the local LEOs who was there that night. He asked why I had left so early. I told him what happened and he introduced me to the Surefire brand of lights.

If I had had a Surefire with me that night, all I woulda had to do was dump out the old batteries, pop in a fresh pair and then boda-boom, boda-bing - back in bizness. But because my light was a rechargeable, I was 10-7 for the rest of the night.

Anyway...that's my thoughts on rechargeable flashlights.

Now then...why do you want a light without a tailcap button?

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the rechargeable light you had a version that you can mount in your vehicle with a cigarette lighter adaptor? Or, is that still not preferred for recharge time, etc? I was cursed with smaller hands and some of the lights that are let's say 8 inches or more always makes me feel like I can't keep a good purchase on it. Now, if it's a shorter light then it's no problem. Just wasn't sure if I would find all the things I am looking for in a smaller package? Does the light you use run on regular batteries or the lithium?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And don't let the prices spook you, that's just the MSRP. You can score a G2X on Amazon for about 66 bucks with free shipping.

Trust me. I know that sounds like an awfully lot of money to spend on a flashlight, but once you get it you'll wonder how you did without it.

While your at Amazon, you might pickup a dozen batteries too. Because if you go to Walmart to buy 'em you're gonna pay over 10 bucks for a pair! :faint: But at Amazon they are around $25 a dozen (+/-).

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two of these and love them!! It's stupid bright.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_13_bugy2e8a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom