Bring to the bargining table

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just because a person has a lifestyle that a certain segment of society distastes means they shouldn't own a gun?

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong.
My apologies I meant to respond sooner.
I hope your feeling ok, I expect a higher class of snark from you is all.
converting a musing into platonic fact so you can snipe
I think you can do better that's all.
So if you want I am totally ok with pretending this never happened

Beside it is an interesting question. How far should we go in pursuit of public welfare. Should we designate some 'lifestyles' as antisocial and then restrict their inalienable rights? Keeping in mind the 1st Law of Ecology, what are some of the unintended consequences? How much weight should we give to claims that such a system is already in place?
Or even deeper, how do we define criminal acts. If I smoke a joint a day for a year without being caught, should I still be arrested if the state actors find evidence of my crime 5 drug free years later? What if the evidence never comes to the attention of the authorities. What if the crime is not drug use, but embezzlement? Does it matter if there isn't a victim, how should we classify invisible crimes? Does the phrase 'invisible crimes' even mean anything? Alas there are never enough hours in the day to think about all the interesting topics.
and Dude, I'm totally cool if you want to call a do over
M=)

Latest posts

Top Bottom