Britton Feed and Seed refuses to remove gun-buster sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea where the thread went that had a list of businesses with gun-buster signs, I searched through all 15 pages and found nothing.

Anyway,

A month and a half to two months ago, while picking up more dog food, I asked to speak with the owner of Britton Feed and Seed, as I noticed a couple of weeks prior that they had recently posted a sign that only states "No Guns Allowed" (or I never noticed it until then). The owner had stepped out, but I came prepared for that. Since I wouldn't be able to speak with the owner, I handed the clerk a letter and asked if she would please make sure the owner gets it. She obliged.

My letter basically stated every reason why my wife and I have been loyal to their store, from the great prices, awesome selection, and that it's a local business that offers friendly customer service. I then explained why I wrote the letter, why it's a bad and dangerous idea to post the sign, and how I will respect their wishes by not patronizing their store unless they find ways they can move forward while satisfying all customers.

Today, the sign is still posted in their window. So, like I promised in my letter, I will take my business elsewhere. While I expect none of you to follow me, I encourage you to contact them to discuss their stance, if you wish, and to consider doing business elsewhere if you're currently loyal to their store. Should they choose to remove the sign, or display a new one banning open-carry only, I highly recommend their store because otherwise, it's a great place to shop.

Until then, you'll never see me there.

If you'd like to stop by or call, their info is:

708 W Britton Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
405-842-5590

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a room mate in college that worked there. The company policy was no firearms on company property.

Almost any official employee company policy is no firearms on company property. Remember though, the locked in your car issue was settled by the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals so they have no say there unless you are on otherwise prohibited property. I’d get fired in a second if I brought one into my employer’s building. That’s different. When someone pays me they set the rules but when I become the client somewhere else I set the ground rules there. Kinda the he who has the gold makes the rules rule.

The important thing is that Atwood’s has no gun buster sign on the front door. Neither does Tractor Supply..

I won’t lie, sometimes I need specific pesticide only they have so I grit my teeth and go to the Mill anyway. Life’s about picking battles and a business owner has the right to do what they want.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May have to write also. We buy dog food there as well.

What kind of dog food do you buy?

We buy Innova Evo and there's only a few places in which to purchase this locally. Kickingbird in Edmond sells it (for $2/more per 6 lb bag), but they also have a blanket "No Guns Allowed" sign in their windows. I haven't tried talking with them yet. I'm going to go buy Max & Elsie's Pet Resort the next time we're in need and give them a shot, as they're right around the corner from my house. They, too, charge $2/more per 6 lb bag, though.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are your principal's worth $2?

Enough people write their letter and spend their money elsewhere plus spread the word as to why. Change may happen, they are entitled to their opinion and we are entitled to shop where we choose. From experience, M&E's cost may be higher, due to volume; yet their profit is actually lower. More customers = increased volume which may lead to more competitive pricing. Works in the other direction, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom