1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Browning Knocks it out of the park!!! (badly)

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by Rez Exelon, Mar 12, 2021.

1. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm happy you got it runnin' right. :thumb:

ANY brand can have an occasional booboo. Yours may have had a new guy/gal on the assembly line that didn't recognize a wonky part, or possibly even wonkerized it themselves.

This is why I encourage disassembly and inspection of newly obtained firearms, whether new or used.
    :drunk2:

dennishoddy likes this.
  2. hunter966

hunter966 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Heck, at least you figured it out and saved a bunch of money.

Browning usually does good but every company puts a lemon out every now and then.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah....I'm not even all that mad that it needed work, but I am very mad about their handling of it. For example:
    1. Tell me to send it in with no mention of possible charges.
    2. Related to above, they had to run the serial over the phone --- that should have told them out of warranty. Why then, not tell me about charges before sending it?
    3. Searching online, this model had apparently had a few fair share of lemons --- so shouldn't they have some kind of document internally where they might be able to say "hey, we show you're out of warranty, but maybe check X, Y and Z".
    4. Why don't they have a dang published warranty somewhere?

I've only had one other "send a firearm" in experience and it was a Phoenix Arms one. Worst gun I've ever owned, but best service experience. (On the gun side, it was a $75 pawn shop special, so I didn't expect much going in to be honest). Even on optics and accessories, I've always had really good service experience generally. I just really feel that they missed the mark big on a few levels here.

hunter966 and MacFromOK like this.