Browning SA-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocMatthew

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up a Browning SA-22 partly out of nostalgia. This is the rifle my father taught me how to shoot with as a kid. His was a classic Belgian model while mine is a new Miroku creation, but after a few hundred rounds of CCI Standard Velocity it seems to be more accurate than me.

Any thoughts on the rifle? Any experience with the Skinner ghost-ring sights? I dont want to ruin the lines of this beauty but the factory irons are tough to focus through. I think the answer may be to just spend more time at the range...

-Doc

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has a scope, that's the way my dad got it, and the way I kept it. Granted the glass on it is older than I am, but I consistently impress people with the groups and accuracy I get out of it. Mines Belgium made, and I always get comments when I take it out, which is more rare, as I take out my grandfathers Remington speedmaster, or my own 10/22. Make it what you want, and enjoy it, they are great guns, although probably the priciest 22 out there with out getting some sort of stupid expensive bench rest rifle.

DocMatthew

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try to find some of those quiets! At this stage I think I'll settle for a brick of just about anything that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg...

It's good to see a few SA-22 owners out there! I'll look into scopes but I may just keep it the way Mr. Browning designed it. My main disappointment is that it didn't come with a sweet takedown case like the Belgian ones did.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was younger a friend of mine's Dad had two of them. I saw my friend shoot sparrows in flight with one. He would fold down the rear sight. Great little guns. Norinco made a low priced copy for a while.

I may get one sometime.

DocMatthew

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far 1000 cci standard velocity, 200 cci mini mags, and 100 american eagle federal cartridges through it. Not a single malfunction. Still shoots better than I can. Still debating putting a skinner sight on her... Great investment so far. Looking to go squirrel hunting when it cools off a bit outside. Gotta love Browning designs.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is the shorts only model made in Belgian. It will even run the cci mini caps if I keep it clean. I've had it since 1969 and it still looks new. Still my favourite 22 of all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom