Buck Forage Oats & 4X4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexAg91

Marksman
Reaction score
New to OKshooters and to this thread. Was up till 2 am catching up on the Food Plot Basics thread. Tons of info I appreciate all the knowledge shared! Looks like my timing is great as I would like to order 8 bags BFO and 2 bags of 4x4. I’m in Tulsa but these will go into several plots in Hughes County. Question on the 4x4...I’m assuming it’s a small seed so should I disk, broadcast BFO, cultipack/drag, then broadcast the 4x4, then cultipack? I’m assuming I don’t want the 4x4 as deep as the BFO? If I have missed those instructions somewhere along the way, I apologize for the repeat.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New to OKshooters and to this thread. Was up till 2 am catching up on the Food Plot Basics thread. Tons of info I appreciate all the knowledge shared! Looks like my timing is great as I would like to order 8 bags BFO and 2 bags of 4x4. I’m in Tulsa but these will go into several plots in Hughes County. Question on the 4x4...I’m assuming it’s a small seed so should I disk, broadcast BFO, cultipack/drag, then broadcast the 4x4, then cultipack? I’m assuming I don’t want the 4x4 as deep as the BFO? If I have missed those instructions somewhere along the way, I apologize for the repeat.
Welcome TexAg91! I believe you are spot on with your plans to plant the BFO first and then the 4x4 on a more firm seed bed.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my schedule was too tight today to place the order for seed. I will try to get it in on Monday. So if someone is wanting to make an order it's not too late. Call, text or send me a pm and I will add it to the growing list

Latest posts

Top Bottom