Buffalo Bore ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
excellent, well thought of ammo. Ensure your gun will take the +p ammo.

though there are equals in most all calibers. sgammo.com has good prices on quality ammo.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buffalo Bore is hot stuff. They specialize in hard hitting ammunition for dangerous and big game. Their 45-70 ammo makes the Hornady 325gr FTX 45-70 feel like shooting a .223 in comparison. Geez, they're getting 1250fps on a 158gr LSWC in .38 Special +P!!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Buffalo Bore is hot stuff. They specialize in hard hitting ammunition for dangerous and big game. Their 45-70 ammo makes the Hornady 325gr FTX 45-70 feel like shooting a .223 in comparison. Geez, they're getting 1250fps on a 158gr LSWC in .38 Special +P!!!

Do they state the barrel length? That's higher than more than a few .357 Mag loads are in handguns.

68_GTX

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 305grn 44mag stuff will make you develop a flinch and your wrists will be sore in only a couple rounds, is great in a lever-action though! lol

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do they state the barrel length? That's higher than more than a few .357 Mag loads are in handguns.
Check out their website. As mentioned above they claim their snubnose loads actually are tested in actual snubnosed guns. Not a pressure test barrel. Buffalo Bore seems to be patterning the early day Cor-Bon with their business model (ie...Hot freakin stuff!). I'd really like to see their pressure test data on some of their loads. If they really are what they say they are, Buffalo Bore has eclipsed about every other ammunition manufacturer out there in the ballistics department. Take a look at the standard .38 Special loads, even they are screamers.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of their loads are more powerful than their competitors, especially the big names like Remington, Winchester, Federal etc.. Most likely they use enough powder to get up to the very ragged edge of the specs. I don't think I would try their stuff in an older gun or one that has seen an awful lot of use.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know that I'd try their loads in anything that wasn't a hunting gun. I don't really see a need to carry SD loads that will drop a Rhino in its tracks. Hot rounds are "cool" but in reality I think you'd develop bad habits if shooting anymore than a few of them infrequently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom