Who not to buy ammo from

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been times in the not too distant past that some online ammo stores where asking exorbitant prices for the ammo they had. That is their choice. My choice is that I would prefer to not buy from them. I try to vote with my money a bit. Unfortunately, my memory is not what it use to be. Wondering if others have any recollection of some of the companies we might tend to stay away from now that ammo is a bit more available and some of the prices are coming down. What started this tough process is a friend sent a link to a CTD article. It seems they asking huge prices.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use SGAmmo for factory loaded anmmunition. For reloading I use shootingbot.com to track down powder and primers components.

I might live under a rock but I don’t order from anyone else online. I just like that sgammo is Oklahoma based and I usually have my order within 1-2 days.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found almost everything local and didn't need to order much. Most those places now charge shipping and tax so it's basically a wash.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought some from Buds and everything turned out right. They had some Federal 45ACP 210gr that my guns are rather fond of at a great price.
I did buy some 22 LR from them a few years ago and the ammo was loose in the box. Sent it back and they sent me some fresh stuff.
I have bought from SGA, Midway, Freedom, Ammo Depot and other than that one time at Buds, no issues.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For specialty stuff I like Buffalo Bore. They’re not cheap but they’ve got ammo that you can’t find anywhere else.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy pulls stupid stunts like denying sales to people because of their address, with a nics proceed for the person trying to buy. Even when said customer has never been denied and typical nics takes.less than 10 minutes.
I know, I was the buyer and their beef was with a former renter at my address a full 8 months before the day they denied me. Even though, that former resident person was allowed to leave the store with nics proceed and their firearm. They didnt like his attitude and commenting to store mgmt about poor customer service and lack of knowledge to the point of unsafe gun handling by employees at the gun counter.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to buy from my LGS. I could probably find it a little bit cheaper online somewhere, but I believe in buying local and keeping my money here when possible.

Besides, after I pay shipping and tax online, it comes out about the same from my local guy just trying to make a living. Plus, he usually cuts me a break, usually about 10%, which covers the tax.

Latest posts

Top Bottom