Investing some "fun money"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this could become an interesting thread. Lots of different folks on here that do a ton of different things with respect to stocks, etc. Lots of opinions. Let me know what you'd do or where you'd put your money. Not looking for the buy ammo or put it in my mattress or buy precious metals or whatever.

Here's the deal. Spoke to Mrs 788 and she gave me the green light to take about $2K and play with it in the stock market. I already have money in a Schawb account so will be getting familiar with that platform and use it. Just have to dive deeper into it and learn the process. I already have and currently contributing to my retirement so this is to see if I can make a few extra bucks and have some fun.

If you were given $2K what stocks would you purchase? Where would you put your money? I'd be interested in buying some crypto but is just seems so confusing to me but if I could find a tutorial on how to do it I'd be game. Not looking to day-trade but find some companies that may have low prices but big upside and hold for a while. What have you done, what do you like and what to stay away from?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
“But how do we know when irrational exuberance has unduly escalated asset values”…Alan Greenspan
I think this applies today with the stock market and crypto. If I had $2K to speculate I’d put it in an ultra short term bond ETF and wait for the market correction.
I like Robinhood for online stock trading.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.geoengineer.org/news/po...e-earth-mineral-deposit-found-in-wyoming-mine

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/now-if-the-politicians-will-just-stay-the-hell-away.374434/

An old coal mine in rural Wyoming was recently found to contain deposits of rare earth minerals that could be worth up to $37 billion.

Brook Mine is located near the city of Sheridan and was acquired by a former Wall Street banker back in 2011 for the price of $2 million, with the intention of extracting and selling coal.

However, investigating the site further with the help of researchers from the Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory and their new AI model, the minerals were found.

New tests indicate that the reserve of rare earth minerals existing in Brook Mine could potentially be as much as 1.2 million metric tons. To put that into perspective, according to the USGS, domestic annual consumption of such materials is roughly 8,300 metric tons.

I would buy into this mining company and any of their supporting companies.
Let's face it, during the gold rush, the only ones that really got rich were the lucky diggers and the supply companies. I wouldn't be digging, I would be selling shovels.

“American Rare Earths, Inc., Currently at .20 ents per share. Be advised, it is an Australian company.
1710299541517.png

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A financial advisor I spoke with suggested that as the world's population grows and water becomes an ever-more-valuable resource, that investing in water companies or ETFs would be smart.
Scarce and in demand is never a bad formula I feel. Take it with a grain of salt of course, I'm no advisor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom