Looking for some investors for a 2 million dollar land and range investment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Such is why I'm a member at OKC Gun Club. I'm sure there are "incidents" occasionally. But being a private club usually keeps them to a minimum.

I find the people we run into out there to be much more safety conscious than the folks at an indoor range overall. In general. The ONLY "indoor" range I would shoot at now is where the old Henry's used to be. They are no longer open to the public for shooting -- but if you bought a lifetime membership when Henry owned the place they will still honor it and let you shoot there. As long as there are no classes going on at the time. Stand up guys. They didn't have to do that.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the cars at Tulsa's indoor ranges, ROI would be 30 -50 years.
Ten years ago you had a several hour wait.
Just realize they flock to the latest and greatest til the new wears off and somebody opens up down the road.

Last edited:

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the cars at Tulsa's indoor ranges, ROI would be 30 -50 years.
Ten years ago you had a several hour wait.
Just realize they flock to the latest and greatest til the new wears off and somebody opens up down the road.
Add in the increase cost of ammo as well as everything else going up in price, people can’t afford to shoot as much as they would like!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such is why I'm a member at OKC Gun Club. I'm sure there are "incidents" occasionally. But being a private club usually keeps them to a minimum.
The only indoor ranges I've ever shot at were the ones we attended at the Eat and Shoot events which by all of my observations were conducted in a very safe manner by those in attendance and several USPSA matches that were held indoors.
I did notice the bullet scars on the floor immediately in front of the firing line and in the ceiling just above the firing line of every range I've been too, so there is no doubt there are some out there that need additional training.
In my three years as VP of the Ponca Range and 4 years as President, I kind of prided myself of not being draconian in running the range, but trying to be more informative about issues we would see. We allowed a lot of things that most outdoor ranges don't. Drawing from the holster was fine, full auto was fine, rapid fire was fine, and so on.
I wrote a monthly newsletter talking about the club's business pointing out that we had seen evidence of XXXX on the range and created a reminder that we couldn't have that in the future and asked members to remind others if they saw an unsafe development to call a cease fire and make sure that when the line went hot again, the unsafe issue had been resolved.
Of course there were incidents we probably weren't aware of, but the safety record for that range is 100%. 24 years in its present location and 47 years in its former location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom