Bug out Bag Tornados

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure what else to add to my bag, if you all would help me that would be great, the following is what I pre-packed or on the day of plan to be packed. Any ideas would be great, please remember it is for tornados not the zombie apocalypse.

Multiple hand sized microfiber cloth towles
Water purification tablets
First Aid Kit, basic
Seychelle 28oz Flip Top Advanced Filter Water Purification
Three days of underwear and socks of my wife and I
Eating tools like CRKT Eat'N Tool Minimal Multi-Tool and TTPocket Tools - Spork, spoon shaped
My muliti-Tool
Two flashlights and one back up battery for each
Sharpie
Write in the Rain pad
The TTpocket tools Tweezers, no longer available
1 gallon bag of dog food
1 quart bag of cat food

At the time included would be my sharpmaker and knives along with one pair of pants and shorts

What else do I need to add to the bag?

Thanks for your input and time

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 days of food for the two of you
wet wipes
drinking containers
copies of important papers
soap
deodorant
toothpaste and tooth brush
chick items
money
little black book
2 big trash bags
copies of keys.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a storm shelter to go to in case of a tornado? If so, I assume this is just something to grab on the way to the shelter.

I notice a distinct lack of people food or actual water. Might want to see to that.

The purification tablets are fine, but having actual clean water on hand is better. Also, consider one of these as an additional water treatment option. No need to wait 30 minutes to drink your water and no need to measure out your water to get the right amount of treatment for it.

Blankets. I know you're planning for tornadoes, which are a spring/summer thing, but blankets, or at least a couple of sheets. Also, maybe a tarp?

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prescriptions meds and anything else taken frequently, along with basic first aid kit. Couple hundred dollars in small bills and coins.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Important phone numbers and copies of insurance policies. Thumb drive with pics of your home ,furniture, vehicles, valuables that were
yours incase lost. Pics of insured items for proof of verification. Copies of Drivers licenses, SS card etc... Animal shot records and tags.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the very least a couple hundred dollars in small bills and a credit card ... God forbid your home be destroyed and you need to rent a hotel room. I don't know of a hotel that will rent a room to you without a credit card on file these days ...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A charger for your cell phone would be good. We keep a prepaid phone in our bag with a USB charger and a wind up generator/flashlight. We also have chem lights.

certified copies of birth certificates in case you need to get new DL's

Set of car keys in case you have a drivable vehicle after the event

baby powder

Mortgage paperwork, vehicle titles, insurance policies, shot records for all members of the family (including dogs)

basic first aid kit to include aspirin and tylenol. The wife is a nurse, so her first responder bag goes in when we do. I have no idea what all it has in it. Everything but the kitchen sink I think.

We keep a set of puncture proof work boots for each member of the family in a sealed heavy bag along with toiletries for each person and a leash and spare collar for each dog

5 gals of fresh water is rotated every 30 days - this is easy for us since we use the water in our fish tanks.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the very least a couple hundred dollars in small bills and a credit card ... God forbid your home be destroyed and you need to rent a hotel room. I don't know of a hotel that will rent a room to you without a credit card on file these days ...

Agree with this.

Considering Tornados tend to be centralized instances I would think thing that help you get to your backup housing would be nice along with first aid.

Hopefully any important docs have been backed up off sight already or in a sturdy safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom