Bug out bag/72 Hour bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife is sick of my clutter just floating around everywhere she turns. in the past my prepping has been off limits to her vehicle no matter how much I beg. but we finally made an agreement, I could put a bag in her car (for me of course) and all my other "stuff" has to disappear to the garage, shed, or "my" hall closet. so I went to academy and got a game winner pack on sale and started to pack it up with the clutter and extras I had floating around. In it is cottonelle butt wipe, an Oklahoma road map, two stainless steel canteens filled with beef jerkey, peanut butter packets, assorted small hard candys and gum, and a sawyer water filter. an old camengus compass with the knowledge to use it(the true key to a compass). watter purification tablets in the small camo zip pouch, a foldable saw, cheepo binocs, 6 led stick flashlight, BudK 2$ knock off mora knife, fire starter, lighter, diamond plate sharpener, the orange tube is bug spray, a cheep multi tool (slowly swaping all my cheepos with leathermen), emergency blanket, baby wipes, 2 pair of vacume sealed tube socks, an eaton hand crank/ 9 volt weather radio/flashlight, a vacume sealed bag of spair winter cloths and Mexican blanket. a camo boonie hat, a schrade bolo, a pistol grip 500, and a 5.11 IFAK. not pictured are cotton ball and Vaseline fire starters, 50 ft of paracord, and water bladder

truckbag.jpg

truckbag2.jpg

truckbag4.jpg

truckbag3.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are prepped to bug in.

My bag is a get back home bag. It is actually 3 bags. I can carry all 3 or if the wife is with, she carry some.

All 3 are gas mask bags and have belt clips and shoulder straps.

1 never leaves the truck. Fence pliers, screw drivers, hammer, 6" folding knife and saw, flashlight and batteries, roll of cord, duct tape, toilet paper. Side pocket, rain coat, space blanket. Not in bag, but in truck; phone charger, small 12v compressor, 12v impact wrench.

2. 100 rnds .357, expanding police baton, flashlight, bic lighter, band aids, ace bandage. Sidfe pocket; aspirin, neosprin. If on a trip, 10 30rnd pmags, 4 1911 mags, box of .45acp, 100 rnds .22LR.

3. 3 bottles of water, jar of peanut butter, granola bars, filters.

These bags are for the real plausibility of vehicle breakdown and having to walk. With cell phones, staying with vehicle and waiting is most likely scenario. No phone service is possible and walking a few miles. Weather could be a factor, again, stay with .vehicle. Catastrophic grid failure, true SHTF, walking from work is 31 miles, cross country, several water sources, no urban, lots of cover. 2 days hike.

Impossible to plan and pack for every scenario. You younger Rambo's can have your 70# packs. I'm too old and have limitations, so I plan / pack for most likely, not everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom