Who uses a fanny pack or bag to carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor uses some type of pack made by 5.11 to carry a G19, 2mags, first-aid kit, phone, etc. and he just grabs it when he gets into his truck to leave and then can wear it as a type of man-purse or fanny pack when he goes into the store. He has had some store workers tell him "no backpacks" and he spun it around to the front and told them it isn't a backpack LOL.

For those that have experience and/or opinions, please share why or why not a pack is a good idea for EDC kit and if so, what pack or bag do you use? Advantages seem so far to be:

- easy to grab and go
- more comfortable carry
- avoids the need for a "truck gun"
- easy to leave behind in car for places you legally can't carry
- hold more stuff

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading a few pages of that, I think I'm moving more towards a pack to take with me in the car to avoid the need for a truck gun. Maybe a pack that can haul useful things from vehicle to vehicle and could still be carried in certain venues but not look like a dork at wal-mart LOL.

I take long walks (sometimes at night) and always have to grab a pistol, mace, flashlight, phone, etc. and try to haul along with dogs while wearing gym shorts. I think a small fanny pack I can take with me for that and in the car is the best compromise vs carrying a man purse into the store. But that still means either keeping a truck gun, or just carrying one gun (in which case it will still have to be small enough to carry on-person too).

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanny pack may not be super advantageous if you get into a ground fight. It does give a possible handle for someone to get ahold of since its strapped around the waist. And depending on location and culture, a waist pack can scream “Ive got a gun in here”. Some people dont want anyone to know theyre armed, others say its a deterrent, and I say that depends on your audience!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, I’ve been poking fun in the other thread on this topic and while it seems to be not for most of us it’s really your choice and you need to go with what works for you. Me personally, I can’t see any reason to be bringing a first aid kit with me while I’m shopping at Atwood’s. Everything I need for my day to day life fits neatly in my pockets and I carry OWB with a shirt covering things up.

Last edited:

bullseyeblack

House fire survivor!
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I went with, a little more manly than a fanny pack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_160917_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_160917_Google.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom