Who uses a fanny pack or bag to carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a fanny pack with a snubby revolver, knife and snacks when I ride my bike on the Osage Prairie Trail into Turley/North Tulsa. Plenty of crackheads and loose dogs in that area. If the weather was cold, I'd probably wear my chest rig with a G17. Btw, I'm not too concerned with what I look like while riding. I just completed my first half-Ironman 5 weeks ago at age 58, you can't have my man card.
Just remember, limp wristing is about the only thing that can make a Glock unreliable…

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just steick the IO Hellcat in my back pocket. It's flat and doesn't have much of a print.
That seems like a terrible idea. People behind you have more control over your pistol than you do.
I've had plenty of time training with Glocks with TDSA, M. Brown, Tom Givens, and a few Russians too among others. Also forgot to mention I've done competitive arm-wrestling for a few years, my hand and forearm strength is pretty good for an older guy.
That was a joke :)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That seems like a terrible idea. People behind you have more control over your pistol than you do.

That was a joke :)
Like I said, the pistol is very flat and almost no print. If I put it in front of my hankerchef, there is no print. But I agree with you if it's a larger pistol. I've seen a few guys at the VA shift the gun around in their back pocket. It's so obvious and they aren't supposed to be carrying in a gov't building but maybe they are LEO? As old as one guy was, I seriously doubt if he was a LEO. The otehr guys int he room looked at each other and shook our collective heads.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanny pack may not be super advantageous if you get into a ground fight. It does give a possible handle for someone to get ahold of since its strapped around the waist. And depending on location and culture, a waist pack can scream “Ive got a gun in here”. Some people dont want anyone to know theyre armed, others say its a deterrent, and I say that depends on your audience!

Welcome to 2024! Fanny packs are now fashion accessories. They aren’t worn around the waist anymore either. Now they are worn crossbody. All the hipsters wear them.
IMG_3196.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom