Built a Back Stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some free time today, so I grabbed some materials and my dads skid steer

First I drove in a couple of T-Posts, then tied a piece of ply wood between them

i1193.photobucket.com_albums_aa344_FTK87_2f57373b.jpg

Then I started piling up dirt, this is after 2 buckets

i1193.photobucket.com_albums_aa344_FTK87_5f229466.jpg

I kept piling and after 7 buckets I called it good, I'll have to add some more dirt after the rain packs it and my bullets tear it up

i1193.photobucket.com_albums_aa344_FTK87_02d2e88e.jpg

The board layed over backwards quite a bit after packing it with the skid steer.

I tested it with .22lr, .38 speacial, 9 mm and .30-06, even at the top where the dirt is the thinnest the .30-06 did not exit. I mainly built it to shoot my pistols and .22s at, but it will also be good to sight in my rifles, can't tell from the pics but it is about 10 yds from a fence running parrallel with the range so I can mark off distances easy, only bad thing is the furthest I can shoot on it is 100 yds.

M

Matt Basterson

i'm gonna do somethin' kinda like that, i'm gatherin' up railroad ties to make a walled stop behind the plywood target holder, then i'll pile up dirt behind the wall of ties. i don't like liftin' ties, but i'm gonna make'em about 6 or 8 high.

A

ArmedCivy

Yes count yourself lucky to have a place where you can walk out your backdoor and do some target practice! I hope to be able to do that some day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom