Burris Scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like I have heard that Burris Scopes are cheap junk but then I talk to real people I actually know that have them and they say they are just fine, actually a dang good scope - any experience here with them?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad was an independent sales rep for Burris in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, and Burris were fairly high end scopes. I can speak of their current quality.

On a related note, I was looking at a rifle a couple days ago that came with a Burris 4.5-14 scope, and when I looked it up, it appears to only be worth about $125-150 on the used market.

I can’t tell where you’re going with this thread. Are you looking to buy one or just asking a question?

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some 15-20 year old Burris scopes with ballistic reticles including an LRS. No questions asked lifetime transferable warranty. The have good light gathering are crisp and clear and hold zero on par with my Nikons, Leupolds and my Vortex. I dropped a rifle hunting and dented a Burris scope and they made good on it with no receipt and no hassle.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on where they're made. They have some good LOW (Light Optical Works - Japan) made scopes which are a little more spendy and they have some of the junkier chicom and Philippine made scopes. I personally would never own one unless it was a LOW made scope. If it says Japan on it, I'd use it. If it's any other country, nope, not me.

On a side note, the only scopes made in the Burris facility in Greeley, CO, are Steiner, who owns Burris.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad was an independent sales rep for Burris in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, and Burris were fairly high end scopes. I can speak of their current quality.

On a related note, I was looking at a rifle a couple days ago that came with a Burris 4.5-14 scope, and when I looked it up, it appears to only be worth about $125-150 on the used market.

I can’t tell where you’re going with this thread. Are you looking to buy one or just asking a question?
looking to buy one

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try eBay and Gunbroker too. I’ve slipped up on some smoking deals on both sites.

If you’re looking for something in the 3-9 power range and willing to spend $300+/-, I’d look for an older Zeiss Conquest.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you can lock the turrets as there are no scope caps over those.

If you put it in a hard case and are careful with it they may never move.
I have a Nikon P223 and the turrets do not lock and I have bumped or ran them against vines and trees in the woods and go to sit down and notice I am no longer on zero.
Was the cap raised when it got moved or did it just move.
Did it happen pulling it from the soft case or placing it in the back seat???

Sometimes it was on and sometimes it was not.
That scope sits on the shelf as I can't rely on it for a hunting scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom