Business shout out Blessed and Highly Caffeinated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite coffee, from many years of working the streets, was always 7-11 coffee. I guess I'm just a simpleton when it comes to my coffee palate.

I never actually paid a clerk for a cup of coffee because the official Southland (owner of 7-11) policy was to provide free coffee to any police officer in uniform. But, taking free coffee (or anything else) was forbidden by the department. So I'd always throw 2 or 3 dollars on the counter and ask the clerk to put it in whatever charity jar they happened to have on the counter if he didn't want to charge me for the coffee. I probably put $10k in charity jars over the years.

7-11 coffee on a graveyard shift is a fond memory from my years pushing a radiator around.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Breve has been my go-to espresso drink for about 7-8 years now. But I’m definitely not a coffee snob. I’ll drink truck stop coffee, coffee on the burner for 4 hours, cold brew, cold coffee or whatever is from a bean and has caffeine.

Best Breve so far: Expresso in Branson, MO.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite coffee, from many years of working the streets, was always 7-11 coffee. I guess I'm just a simpleton when it comes to my coffee palate.

I never actually paid a clerk for a cup of coffee because the official Southland (owner of 7-11) policy was to provide free coffee to any police officer in uniform. But, taking free coffee (or anything else) was forbidden by the department. So I'd always throw 2 or 3 dollars on the counter and ask the clerk to put it in whatever charity jar they happened to have on the counter if he didn't want to charge me for the coffee. I probably put $10k in charity jars over the years.

7-11 coffee on a graveyard shift is a fond memory from my years pushing a radiator around.
Right now my favorite is Casey’s dark roast. Sometimes the quick cup is the best 🤷‍♂️

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Once upon a time 7-11 Columbian coffee was damn good coffee. I used to go there every morning and get it vs. brewing my own at home, it was that good. But at some point they went with a cheaper source and it went way down on the scale.

Sonic for a time used the Douwe Egbert coffee. Some Dutchman figured out how to roast and brew the best coffee in the world and then distill it down to a syrup. Their special machines heat it and put hot water back into it and it's the bomb! I about had a fit when they quit selling that. :cry11:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had 7-11 coffee for many years now.

Love's truck stops have these grind and brew machines that make a really good cup of coffee. My wife and I frequently plan stops there just for a cup of the Columbian. It's good stuff if all you want is coffee...especially considering it comes out of a truck stop machine. Apparently these are Swiss-made machines and are very highly regarded. I know I like the coffee they put out.

Love's coffee.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom