Calling Mechanics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad's old 88 chevy would do that. It was the EGR valve. You could take it off and it would run . Wouldn't hurt to pull it and see if it changes.

Sometimes, the Fords would carbon so bad that the hole into the manifold filled to the point that you couldn't even tell that there was actually a hole there.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run the tests associated with the two codes. If they both check out fine, start the truck and spray starting fluid over the intake and air tubes. listen for it to idle up and pinpoint the vacuum leak. Those motors have been known to crack intakes and cause vacuum leaks too.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a 98 expedition to a kid at work. His was doing something similar. He cleaned the MAF sensor and it runs fine again.

Reactions: O4L

craig h pfeiffer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like a cam sensor or crank sensor to me the ford connectors on both sensors can come loose or crumble if you have the ability look at the rpm signal while cranking if not steady look into those two sensors

craig h pfeiffer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how that goes, but I don't think it's that. It'll throw a code for that. It's a MAF or EGR problem probably. I just would rather someone else fix it. I have a decent mechanical aptitude, but lack patience with Fords. Took it to a mechanic and he started advising me on it instead of having me leave it with him lol
Not always ive had several not through a code for crank if it just looses signal or has a interrupted signal especially a cam sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom