Camping/Hiking boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello lads!
Been browsing various stores for sometime since my Garmont Tacticals are completely broken down at this point and found those boots called Muck Boots Muck Boot Company that kinda look interesting. Does anyone have experience with 'em? Look decent from the photos and price is really tempting. Mostly looking for boots for camping/hiking for late summer/early fall.

P.S I'm probably still gettin another pair of Garmonts since those are an absolute blast, but might just throw a pair of Muck's into the cart and give 'em a test.

Last edited:

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend them for hiking. Short walks in to a tree stand on flat ground, the muck boot would be good but not for hiking. Also good for a really wet walk in shallow water or mud. When I tried doing longer treks with the muck boots over varied terrain, my heel area got big blisters. I think a lace up boot is going to give you much better results, especially when you add weight to your movement (backpack or carrying out your deer).

Timbr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend them for hiking. Short walks in to a tree stand on flat ground, the muck boot would be good but not for hiking. Also good for a really wet walk in shallow water or mud. When I tried doing longer treks with the muck boots over varied terrain, my heel area got big blisters. I think a lace up boot is going to give you much better results, especially when you add weight to your movement (backpack or carrying out your deer).
I'm mostly considering grabbing those for wet terrain,ye. Garmont Tacticals for everything else, since they don't have the greatest water protection. It gets tedious to dry 'em up after every few hours when it's raining and you're on the trail.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried waterproofing your Garmont boots? I've got a narrow foot and need good heal support to keep from going up and down causing blisters. For my foot, I've found Merrell's fit the best. I own some mucks too but only for wet days and I still put bandaids on my heels for slipping. The mucks do fit like a glove though.

Timbr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried waterproofing your Garmont boots? I've got a narrow foot and need good heal support to keep from going up and down causing blisters. For my foot, I've found Merrell's fit the best. I own some mucks too but only for wet days and I still put bandaids on my heels for slipping. The mucks do fit like a glove though.
I've tried but I have memory of a goldfish, so eventually I forget to renew the proof and then I find myself walking 5 miles with wet feet 😑

Robbustan

New to the site!
Banned
Reaction score
It's always exciting to discover new gear options. While I can't vouch for the Muck Boots Muck Boot Company myself, they do seem interesting from the photos, and a tempting price can be hard to resist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom