Can anyone put me on turkeys for a fee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Private land, public; doesn't matter. The turkeys are just flat gone from where I hunt, where they used to be plentiful. I heard not a single gobble in a full day of hunting last weekend - night and day from 3 years ago - in the last 3 years they've just disappeared. This sucks. :( Can I "sub-lease" your lease with a fee? Can anyone check with their co-lessees and their lessor to see if this is ok? I'd really like to at least HEAR *one* gobble before throwing in the towel, even if I don't get a bird.

Usually even if there's no gobbles during the day, they'll gobble up on the roost and I can pinpoint them if they're within about 3/8ths to 1/2 of a mile. But I listened, and there's nothing. Damned coyotes/dogs/coons/poachers, something.

There's no poop, no tracks, no leaves disturbed, nothing. It's very distressing. Used to have large flocks.

Anyway, price is negotiable - I just need land access near a roost, if'n ya can h'ep me out here. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom