Can you use bedliner on wood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I may be posting in the wrong sub so mod’s please move if needed.

Can you use bedliner on wood?

I want to build a ramp for my shed out of wood and thought about coating it with bedliner to protect it from the elements. I also thought about coating the floor of my shed with bedliner too (3/4 OSB). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Durabak says it works on wood. Some just work on metal.

A buddy dud his wood deck on the Illinois River. Lasted years until the flood took the deck out.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Wood expands and contracts do to humidity/rain a lot more that steel, the movement will break the bond. If you do not mind the smell transmission fluid on the weather side will work.

We use a mix of diesel and I believe boiled linseed oil on wood floor of trailers, would that be the same or better than transmission fluid?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Or is Thomsons water seal just as good lol
I am not impressed with that stuff, wife has a wooden out door rocker that she will not let me use transmission fluid on for some reason😆 and I have to seal in 3-4 times a years, stuff just does not hold up to Oklahoma extremes.
Transmission oil will bead water for 3ish years and mold and such will not grow on it .

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I am not impressed with that stuff, wife has a wooden out door rocker that she will not let me use transmission fluid on for some reason😆 and I have to seal in 3-4 times a years, stuff just not hold up to Oklahoma extremes.
Transmission oil will bead water for 3ish years and mold and such will not grow on it .

I think transmission fluid may be the ticket then. Hopefully I can get this ramp built this weekend!

Latest posts

Top Bottom