Can you use bedliner on wood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tops and sides. Don’t do the bottom. Buddy years ago did one of my ATV Trailers, it did good. It was free so it was done. All my other wood trailers, I buy the cheapest hydraulic fluid and get to rolling it, let it soak and roll several coats. Will last for years to come. Have a dozer trailer that my grandpa used in the 50/60/70s still in use, same boards.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Painting to soak in wood. I thought that was what you were supposed to use old motor oil and retired fish frying oil for. Just have to be careful when wet and tracking dust as it collects.

Last Thompsons I bought was some kind of eco friendly water based something different stuff. Never again.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use a mix of diesel and I believe boiled linseed oil on wood floor of trailers, would that be the same or better than transmission fluid?

I used 1/2 diesel and 1/2 used motor oil on my utility trailer/car hauler after I replaced several boards. It’s only been 6-8 months though. Several coats (3-4 on the new stuff) and that old wood drank it right in. Trailer looks better than it did when it was new. We’ll see how it holds up over time

Latest posts

Top Bottom