Canadian Valley Gun Range -- Still Operational?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am taking a group from my church group to the Canadian Valley gun range this Saturday (1/18/14), and I just wanted to make doubly sure that it was still open. Last I had heard the old man out there had broken his hip, and I just wanted to know if anyone had been out there recently (since the New Year).

I called today (Monday 1/13/14), and go the recording, but I know that they are closed on Mondays regardless.

I just wanted to make sure so that I could make other arrangements if in fact it was shut down.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out there the other day, Harry is out with a broken hip but there is a man that was running the range for him. Didn't get the guys neame but seemed like a really cool guy.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep he's open. Call again on Tuesday during the day. Dan is the guy working there while Harry is recovering. Harry did come out for a visit the other day. His wife brought him. He wanted to stay and work but wifey put her foot down and made him go home.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As suggested, definitely call and confirm. I swung out there this past Saturday morning, and the gate was locked. I got there a few minutes before 8:00 and waited about 15 minutes, then went home. Maybe Dan was running a bit late or isn't able to get there quite as early as Harry used to.

rckitbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am taking a group from my church group to the Canadian Valley gun range this Saturday (1/18/14), and I just wanted to make doubly sure that it was still open. Last I had heard the old man out there had broken his hip, and I just wanted to know if anyone had been out there recently (since the New Year).

I called today (Monday 1/13/14), and go the recording, but I know that they are closed on Mondays regardless.

I just wanted to make sure so that I could make other arrangements if in fact it was shut down.

Just curious, because I haven't shot in a while, is the Canadian Valley Gun Range AKA The Banner Road Range? just look for any place to shoot, also is there a place that has a 300-500 yard range in Central Oklahoma beside OKC Gun Club? I seem to remember a place near Techumseh.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, because I haven't shot in a while, is the Canadian Valley Gun Range AKA The Banner Road Range? just look for any place to shoot, also is there a place that has a 300-500 yard range in Central Oklahoma beside OKC Gun Club? I seem to remember a place near Techumseh.

I don't know his hours of operation or if he's even open for business these days but Thunderbird Gun Range out in Pink goes out to 400 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom