Two days and two stones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1715039099685.png

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any company that wants you to take even more time off to go get a doctors note is not a company I would want to work for. I'm an adult, I will tell you when I'm sick, either believe me or I'll drag up and go somewhere else.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any company that wants you to take even more time off to go get a doctors note is not a company I would want to work for. I'm an adult, I will tell you when I'm sick, either believe me or I'll drag up and go somewhere else.
Thats how I am. I'll be at work every day, unless I cant stand. So when I say im sick. im actually sick.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had one, never want too. Dad passed one once and it looked exactly like a goat head sticker! YIKES.
My job used to require a Dr. note after 3 days sick. I never was sure if that was to prove I was sick or to prove I was safe to return.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats how I am. I'll be at work every day, unless I cant stand. So when I say im sick. im actually sick.
I know guys at my old job that had banked as much as 1200 hours sick time. There was no ceiling on it. Annual leave (vacation) maxed at 640 or something like that. When leaving employment, they would pay you for up to 460 hours. So I had the max when I left and got a nice departure check

And I had employees under me who would accrue that 10 hours sick leave for the month and be sick the next Monday. Never accruing any reserve and it bit em in the ass when they needed it and they had to take leave without pay, which is one of the easiest ways to be fired from State Government. When I got sick back in 2018, I used over 800 hours of sick and annual leave and then got donated leave for another couple weeks. They knew how sick I was and I wasnt playin.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I’m very sympathetic to your issue, don’t forget that OK is an “employment at will” state so termination can occur without any reason given. If this is a good company, you are probably fine, but if there is any reason they may want to let you go, it can happen.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know guys at my old job that had banked as much as 1200 hours sick time. There was no ceiling on it. Annual leave (vacation) maxed at 640 or something like that. When leaving employment, they would pay you for up to 460 hours. So I had the max when I left and got a nice departure check

And I had employees under me who would accrue that 10 hours sick leave for the month and be sick the next Monday. Never accruing any reserve and it bit em in the ass when they needed it and they had to take leave without pay, which is one of the easiest ways to be fired from State Government. When I got sick back in 2018, I used over 800 hours of sick and annual leave and then got donated leave for another couple weeks. They new how sick I was and I wasnt playin.
Thats how a lot of us used to roll. At my old office, 90% were always on time and at work. But we had that ONE guy who always had the Monday flu. And the guy who would burn his sick and vacation time as it popped. Even though I outsold him 11 of 12 months every year. The @$@$#@% district manager laid me off and kept that POS. All I can hope is they enjoy that choice.

I was first in, last out. lol its been 2 years and im still miffed over that deal...

Latest posts

Top Bottom