Canton Lake may have a fish kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its hard to say what any lake will recieve from runoff. The engineers that designed sooner lake determined that our lake level ratio is 1.5 to one. What that means is that one inch of rain will result in 1 1/2" of lake level increase. Only one small creek feeding it, so we have to pump from the river to maintain levels.
Lakes like Kaw, can be rated as high a 1 to 8, because its fed by a river, and multiple feeder creeks. Of course it all relys on exactly where the rain falls, but that is the optimum scenerio.
I don't have a clue what Canton is rated, but I'm sure the COE does.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patience everyone. Let all the snow melt and run into the lake. I know people who are watching the Canton lake level very closely. I will report the final result of the rise when I get word.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found it. I really hope it helps.

CANT.pc.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is the precipitation graph. Came from this page right???

Anyways, this should help anyone that was curious. The lake has came up a grand total of .4 of a foot since Feb 21.

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/CANT.lakepage.html

Yes that is the site. I was specifically asking about how much rainfall the Canton lake area had gotten because I was wondering how much it would come up per inch of rainfall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom