Carb v FI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on the application imo. Crawlers went with propane for a reason over carbs until FI came along and FI wins that contest. Vehicle usage at varied altitude extremes and FI wins that contest too.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up on carbs. Still like them but see no reason to go backwards in technology. I will never pull fuel injection off to install a carb. if you have an old school car and want to keep it correct, then stay with a carb.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carb all the way with me. I have an older EFI vehicle & twice in 2 years it has died because of some computer issue. Believe it is the auto shut down feature which kills all spark & fuel when yhe engine is shut off. Problem is, there is no way to bypass this & get it running when the computer screws up in this way. I had the computer rebuilt a year ago when this happened, & if the problem is the computer again this time- I have all the necessary parts to replace all the computerised crap & put a carburetor on it. Then I know it will run, & will probably run better.
So going backwards in technology sometimes works to an advantage cause then you only need 3 (maybe 4) things to get your engine to run; fuel, spark, compression, & get it rotating. EFI you need 20 things working together to get & keep it running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom