Carrying at Norman Music Festival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/gun-ban-at-norman-music-festival-sparks-lawsuit/article/5410461

So I guess OS2A is filing a lawsuit on this deal. I'm all for carrying (which I do everyday) but 2nd amendment guy doesn't look very reasonable saying he won't leave if asked to by organizers.

They drew Balkman, new judge been on the bench a very short time. I think he will be a good judge but unlikely he will go against the City at this point in his career (See Joe Mixon open records suit).

This suit seems rushed and thrown together and potentially there would be a better one to interpret the statute, my concern would be it sets a precedent against 2nd amendment rights if it goes the wrong way. Anyone have any info on why OK2A chose this festival to file a suit?

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we come help out the cause?
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_04_15_2003a5cbd9dcf2aef2affaf9b044f038.jpg

www.infinityok.net

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/gun-ban-at-norman-music-festival-sparks-lawsuit/article/5410461

So I guess OS2A is filing a lawsuit on this deal. I'm all for carrying (which I do everyday) but 2nd amendment guy doesn't look very reasonable saying he won't leave if asked to by organizers.

They drew Balkman, new judge been on the bench a very short time. I think he will be a good judge but unlikely he will go against the City at this point in his career (See Joe Mixon open records suit).

This suit seems rushed and thrown together and potentially there would be a better one to interpret the statute, my concern would be it sets a precedent against 2nd amendment rights if it goes the wrong way. Anyone have any info on why OK2A chose this festival to file a suit?

Unreasonable for him to say he won't leave a public area where he has a right to be and is not breaking the law? My understanding is that there were attempts to work this out with the city of Norman and the organizers but they refused to budge. We should be grateful that OK2A is out there taking a stand.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll be on national news yet again...

Only good thing is I've meet a few OK2A guys and I'm pretty sure they won't be showing up looking like those goobers in TX.

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but 2nd amendment guy doesn't look very reasonable saying he won't leave if asked to by organizers.

Neither the organizers or the city have the right to ask him to leave a PUBLIC sidewalk. This lawsuit was not about private property rights, which OK2A strongly supports. This lawsuit was about the City of Norman attempting to illegally ban guns on public streets, in direct violation of Oklahoma law. The judge agreed with OK2A and ruled in their favor. In this case, the gun ban would have covered several city blocks. If the ban were allowed to stand, next year it could have covered several more blocks, or even the entire city. If the Norman Music Festival wants to ban guns, they can hold their event on private property, not on public streets, using public money, paid for with your tax dollars.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/guns-will-be-allowed-music-festival/nkxfF/

Latest posts

Top Bottom