Carrying in Buisnesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question for the leagaly gifted...

I thought during my conceal carry class there was talk that a sign posted to not be allowed to carry in a place of business had to be stated a certain way and a certain size. Am I dreaming this or are there guidelines on posting a can not carry sign at a buisness?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question for the leagaly gifted...

I thought during my conceal carry class there was talk that a sign posted to not be allowed to carry in a place of business had to be stated a certain way and a certain size. Am I dreaming this or are there guidelines on posting a can not carry sign at a buisness?
That is a requirement in Texas, but not in Oklahoma. I wish it was, I think that we would have fewer places posted.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frankly if you conceal carry in legal places, not schools and government buildings doing business with the public, etc., you can ignore all the signs. Unless, of course, you want to make a silent statement and NOT do business with companies that post the signs.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In little Fairfax OK they have a Dollar store. They have two sets of double sliding doors. On 1 (one) door they have a gun buster sign. If you walk to the door they open and the sign slides out of view, not very well thought out. The other 3 doors are unmarked.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very well put AKguy. So far I've never had any altercations with an establishment that displayed a gun buster sign. Concealed is concealed regardless of what type of sign they may have.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In little Fairfax OK they have a Dollar store. They have two sets of double sliding doors. On 1 (one) door they have a gun buster sign. If you walk to the door they open and the sign slides out of view, not very well thought out. The other 3 doors are unmarked.

Sounds like one of the other 3 doors are good to go. Good thing they left at least one door for someone with a firearm to go in and out of....whew.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a requirement in Texas, but not in Oklahoma. I wish it was, I think that we would have fewer places posted.

I'm glad it's NOT like that in oklahoma. In Texas, (as I understand it) if the sign meets the requirements (called a 30-06 sign) then that place becomes a restricted area and you're breaking the law if you enter with a firearm. In Oklahoma if you ignore a gun-buster sign, you're not really breaking the law, just violating the policy of that establishment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom