Case & Associates Properties, Inc. - Posting of no gun sign at all locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarpenter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived at a C&A apt just a few months ago. Never noticed a sign, nor did I care. Plus the chicks behind the desk had their own guns hanging out...if ya know what I mean. So my attention may have been elsewhere. :)

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most in the Case family are gun owners are some are very avid hunters. As always it is a litigation issue. Like other businesses they have to have a full time lawyer to take care of all the lawsuits filed against them, most of which are frivolous. I often see these signs at businesses as I walk through the entry door with my concealed wepon. Thats why they call it concealed and the last thing I'm gonna do is confront them about their sign policy because I really don't want them or anybody else to know what I have on my person. If by chance they become aware that I have a weapon I will politely leave their establishment.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not up on the OK trespass laws. In Ohio, if you entered a place posted "No Trespassing," you were guilty of aggravated trespass instead of simple trespass. I think it's been held up there that No Guns signs are equivalent to a no trespassing sign, bumping the offense from a misdemeanor 4 or 5 to an M1. Is that not the case here?
Bob-IIRC, if confronted by the owner/ manager/ person responsible for the property, for carrying concealed, directed to to leave and you refuse to leave, then it's a simple trespass issue. Could be wrong.

This thread brings out an important issue- Dealing with anti carry folks in a respectful and polite manor, even if they're not. It'll help OC and CC way more than a war of words.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Case also has a pretty good presence in the OKC area. 3 of my family members have worked for them for over 10 years. One daughter is a manager for them, another daughter is a leasing agent for them and a SIL is in their maintenance dept. They are all gun 'enthusiasts' who will soon be taking their SDA classes. I'll discuss this issue with them to see what they have to say.

(We have 40 acres, come see us with or without guns, too. Bring beer, tho!) :drunk2:

Well, I spoke to my daughter about this. She said Tulsa already got their signs and OKC will be getting theirs. She's not worried about it. Keep it concealed - no problem. She said she has a lot of LEOs living on her property and they always OC anyway. She's gonna talk with her mgr about it next week.

Another thing she said - her pest control guy has been OCing for years...even when she hired him to come spray at their house - he's packing on his belt. He's not a LEO...maybe a PI or something?

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most in the Case family are gun owners are some are very avid hunters. As always it is a litigation issue. Like other businesses they have to have a full time lawyer to take care of all the lawsuits filed against them, most of which are frivolous. I often see these signs at businesses as I walk through the entry door with my concealed wepon. Thats why they call it concealed and the last thing I'm gonna do is confront them about their sign policy because I really don't want them or anybody else to know what I have on my person. If by chance they become aware that I have a weapon I will politely leave their establishment.

do you by chance know Larry?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a lot of business with Case and am very disapointed in this news. I definitely plan to let the people I deal with there know about it too.

But its a stupid knee-jerk reaction to open carry that other business will likely do as well.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I do a lot of business with Case and am very disappointed in this news. I definitely plan to let the people I deal with there know about it too.

But its a stupid knee-jerk reaction to open carry that other business will likely do as well.

Are you planning on not doing business with this company as well? If it's from a vendor or contractor standpoint, I'm sure your competitors will be pleased with your decision.

Let us know if this business decides to pull their signs because you're upset about their decision. And don't forget to, "put your business where your mouth is" when they don't pull the signs.
Empty words are as worthless as the mouth in which they flow...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you planning on not doing business with this company as well? If it's from a vendor or contractor standpoint, I'm sure your competitors will be pleased with your decision.

Let us know if this business decides to pull their signs because you're upset about their decision. And don't forget to, "put your business where your mouth is" when they don't pull the signs.

Let's go to the judges. 9.3/10
Well he's probably in the running for the silver medal, but Russia still has trolls that may be able to take gold here today Bob.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't think he said anything close to what you suggest. He can be disappointed in their position and still do business with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom