Cashion: 65yr old woman becomes aggressive toward officer---refused to sign ticket and was tased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t understand the ‘sign the ticket’ thing. You’ve already got all their information. Just tell them by what date they shall appear, hand them a copy and move on. She either 1) gets it fixed and the citation removed, 2) goes to court, loses and pays fine, 3) she fails to appear, warrants issued and next time she needs a DL or gets pulled over then off to jail.

But officers making a big deal out of signing? Who cares?

You will respect my authority and do what I say!

Sounds like an effort to escalate the situation to me.
He didn’t need to have her sign. The documentation is on camera.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was the one that could have given the ticket and walked away with it unsigned.
It would be tough to issue a ticket and not have it stand in court with her DL info and a tag # plus video confirmation.
I never sign a credit card receipt. Usually draw a happy face on it and it comes back as as signature accepted.
A lot of businesses don’t require signatures now at all.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too answer one question-

Around here the signing of the ticket is in effect an "own recognizance" bond. It's a legal agreement to appear in court or take care of the ticket before the court date Our courts require it.
However, that is quickly going away with the implementation of e-tickets. The courts were requiring officers to maintain a signature log in thier vehicles but finally dropped that requirement. Some agencies around me are actually snapping a pic of the driver with thier handheld e-ticket device but most are using a PC based system where that isn't an option. They just print and advise when the court date is...

With the size of cashion, that may be why the signature was such a big deal? I doubt they have invested in e-ticket systems. Not my area so I can't be sure though ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Marksman
Reaction score
He was the one that could have given the ticket and walked away with it unsigned.
It would be tough to issue a ticket and not have it stand in court with her DL info and a tag # plus video confirmation.
I never sign a credit card receipt. Usually draw a happy face on it and it comes back as as signature accepted.
Wrong

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lmao, comparing it to a credit card transaction is just laughable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom