Cashion: 65yr old woman becomes aggressive toward officer---refused to sign ticket and was tased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lmao, comparing it to a credit card transaction is just laughable.

Your entitled to your opinion even though it’s wrong.
Both transactions are a legal obligation to either appear in court or pay a cc bill. Legal obligation is the key term. A signature means nothing when the Cc number or the DL info/vehicle info had been electronically verified.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I for one was very disappointed by your comments.

(Edited because of an premature:unintentional post.)

Your stance of allowing her to get her way by throwing a fit just rubs me the wrong way.

I imagine it is their policy to have a signature or to take to jail for them to post a bond. It was when I was doing it. An exception sure would not have been because the accused was not willing to sign.

The District attorney appeared to feel it was bad enough to modify the original charges from looking at the case record.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Your stance of allowing her to get her way by throwing a fit just rubs me the wrong way.

I imagine it is their policy to have a signature or to take to jail for them to post a bond. It was when I was doing it. An exception sure would not have been because the accused was not willing to sign.

The District attorney appeared to feel it was bad enough to modify the original charges from looking at the case record.

My point was that the LEO escalated the situation by requiring her signature which means nothing legally when he already had her DL and tag/vehicle info electronically verified.
I compared it to a CC transaction where your card identification is electronically verified as well and your LEGALLY obligated to pay the bill.
It’s no different than being given a ticket and being required to LEGALLY appear in court or to admit guilt and pay the fine which by the way can be done electronically by the state with an electronic receipt.
A signature on that ticket meant nothing in the legal sense.
The officer did not like it and amped up his response.
Edit:
I totally agree that she is a dumbbell but the LEO caused that response. She already voluntarily gave her DL to the officer and stopped at his request.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Used to be the officer would provide an envelope and drive you to the mail box in order to post bond. They couldn't even touch the money to assist the driver putting it in the envelope. He did explain they could check the box that essentially is a nolo plea and applies the bond to the fine. The officer would then drive them back to their car and let them go.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be the officer would provide an envelope and drive you to the mail box in order to post bond. They couldn't even touch the money to assist the driver putting it in the envelope. He did explain they could check the box that essentially is a nolo plea and applies the bond to the fine. The officer would then drive them back to their car and let them go.

Yes, and there also was a time your physical license was taken by the officer and stapled to the ticket. You used the “ticket” as a license until you paid the fine or posted a bond for the court date.

You didn’t want multiple staple marks in your license to indicate being a frequent flyer.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reached out to an officer in that area (not the one in the video). The local court does require the signature to effect the OR bond. The court requires either the signature or that the subject being cited be arrested and cash bond posted. That's how it's set up by statute in that juresdiction.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reached out to an officer in that area (not the one in the video). The local court does require the signature to effect the OR bond. The court requires either the signature or that the subject being cited be arrested and cash bond posted. That's how it's set up by statute in that juresdiction.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Exactly. It is not the same thing as a credit card transaction.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your entitled to your opinion even though it’s wrong.
Both transactions are a legal obligation to either appear in court or pay a cc bill. Legal obligation is the key term. A signature means nothing when the Cc number or the DL info/vehicle info had been electronically verified.
But he is not wrong!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom