• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy CAST 7mm bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Anybody cast 7mm bullets? I'm gonna' be doing some fire forming (280 Ackley Improved), hopefully in the very near future, and I'd like to come up with some cast bullets to do it with. I'm not particular about the weight, and they don't need to be perfect. Frosted, wrinkled ... I really don't care as long as they stay in one piece going down the tube! I'll probably only need 50 to 100, at least for now. Whatcha' got, and what do you want for them??? Thanks!

Don

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have an idea.
Could you possibly make a bullet mold straight drill bit style and add ,,wait long story.
Maybe do this.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014/03/how-to-fire-form-dasher-and-brx-brass-without-bullets/

I have shot crayons and wax from cases for fun. 357 mag..some glue sticks are the correct diameter for 45acp.
crayons can be shot at about 300fps with a primer and no powder in my 357 mag.

Read the link and you may get what you are after.
and this.

https://www.shootersforum.com/tips-comments/3308-fire-forming-cases-made-foolproof.html

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'll dig through my stuff after while. Pretty sure I've a ton of 100gr hp's that I picked up for fire forming my .280AI. You're more likely to find the Ark of the Covenant than somebody casting 7mm bullets lol. :)

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You don't need bullets of any kind to fire form, just put 10gr Red Dot/unique or equivalent in the case fill to mouth with
cream of wheat, point the gun muzzle up and fire, case formed.

And yes I cast 7MM bullets.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Did you Tightly pack toilet paper on top of the cornmeal.
For smooth bore muzzleloader shotgun (homemade from a muzzleloader rifle) I use black bowder then toilet paper then shot then more tightly packed toilet paper on top of it all.
Excellent accuracy and performance.
The links I posted talk about the stuff.

I have some bullseye powder if you need some.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have tried the corn meal in the past but, in my experience, like Okie said, the results are not consistent. I know, with 280AI, a lot of folks say just shoot standard 280 Remington ammo and, voila, you have perfectly fire-formed brass. But, I'm gonna' be starting with once-fired brass and (being cheap as I am) I would rather not 'waste' a jacketed bullet to form them. Might try some of the corn meal/cream of wheat again and see what happens. I've got to get the rifle in my hands first! I'm still waiting for it to get here, but I wanted everything in place to start loading for it as soon as I received it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom