Caught two deer poachers today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was leaving the house at 10am, when looking down the road, I saw a brown chevy pickup with dark windows, coming out of a gate. Didn't recognize it, and getting behind it, they were driving real slow, and kept crossing the white line on the right side of the road.
I was thinking this guy is drunk, and went around them slowly. The window was open, and it startled them when I was going around, as they were concentrating on something out in the wheat field.
Getting around them, I looked into the wheat field and saw a deer down. That deer was not there yesterday evening, so I knew these guys were up to no good. I kept driving until getting over a hill where I turned around and parked with just enough of the windshield above the hill to watch them with bino's.
Every time a car would go by, they would drive off, and when the car was gone, they would turn around and head back to this one spot where the deer was laying.
The Osage GW lives just a mile away, so I called him. He said 5 minutes.
He called me back and said he would be there in 30 seconds, so I headed back that way, and met him at a crossroad, and pointed out the truck. He made a stop on them, and found two deer heads in the back of the truck.
I drove to the deer and looked it over. It had been shot, and the head cut off. It was fresh.
Later on the GW called me and said it was a good bust. They fessed up to shooting them at 2:30am with a .270 and a spotlight. They only wanted the racks. Not particularly big racks either. Why they waited until daylight to come back, I don't know.
2 hours later I was going home and the GW STILL had them stopped, but had moved them to the deers location. There were drag marks in the wheat, so I'm thinking he made them drag the deer back to the road to use for evidence?? I don't know on that one. I'll give the GW a call in a day or two and see what it cost them.
God, I hate poachers.:smack:
I'm betting it was an expensive day for those boys:D

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOO RAH....! WAY TO GO...! That's the best news I've heard all day..!

Somebody gut shot a yearling and left it for the coyotes on a little wheat field adjacent to our hunting lease. Makes me fighting mad when they do that. Even though there's lots more poachers out there, you got a couple off the roads.

I'd buy you a drink if you lived closer. But since you don't,..I'm going to drink one in your honor...!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOO RAH....! WAY TO GO...! That's the best news I've heard all day..!

Somebody gut shot a yearling and left it for the coyotes on a little wheat field adjacent to our hunting lease. Makes me fighting mad when they do that. Even though there's lots more poachers out there, you got a couple off the roads.

I'd buy you a drink if you lived closer. But since you don't,..I'm going to drink one in your honor...!

Heck, drink two. I'm on the wagon, taking meds for this stomach virus. SUX!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lord, I hate people like that. If they were actually poaching for meat because their kids were starving, you could almost understand it.
Killing an illegal deer for a set of horns...I DO NOT understand it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom