CCW (Caliber Consolidation Woes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh why oh why must this whole consolidation thing be so hard? I have tried and tried to consolidate to 9mm for my primary carry guns, and sworn to forsake all others (now, dang, what else of them "others" was it I was supposed to forsake...?)

Anyway, as much as it actually might makes no sense to me, especially since they have dang near the same specs except for capacity and caliber, I foresee a Glock 36, once again, soon residing in my safe next to it's cousin, my Glock 19. Except when it's on my corpus, of course. But, I digress; sorry. I already gave both the 30sf and 36 up in an effort to consolidate, but this consolidation deal just ain't workin' for me. Does it make sense to switch pieces when my ever faithful G19 with 15+1 is going to stay home purty dang often in favor of 6+1 in a G36 just because I really really like the way a 36 handles and shoots? It really doesn't make sense; does it? But it matters not; I hear the voices again and a G36 is coming home to Papa no matter. Dang you Gaston Glock! :smack:: You design and make what many think is arguably the finest all around carry gun on the market in the G19 and then you throw out a single stack .45 that is almost as big, specs-wise, with a whole lot less capacity; yet, for me anyway, it is just a perfect fit and a treat to shoot. Arghhhhhhhh! I cannot do this consolidation thing! Must have Glock 36...Must have Glock 36...:hypnotize:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
9mm,38/357,22 lr,357 Sig,44 special,45 Colt.That's all my handgun calibers.Primary shooter/carry is 9mm.

Oh yeah,had a 36 and it was the only Glock I've ever owned that was not 100% reliable.I didn't like it.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished consolidating down to .45, 9mm and .22lr. I usually carry my g19 or my smith & wesson M&P .45 compact. Both are very comfortable to carry and shoot quite well.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9mm,38/357,22 lr,357 Sig,44 special,45 Colt.That's all my handgun calibers.Primary shooter/carry is 9mm.

Oh yeah,had a 36 and it was the only Glock I've ever owned that was not 100% reliable.I didn't like it.

It wasn't 100%? For real? Dang...I didn't know Glock made anything that wasn't 100%.

Latest posts

Top Bottom