Century C93

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I had a chance to trade into one of these rifles and get some cash to boot so I figured what the hell why not? I got the gun almost new with 2 HK 40rd mags and the instruction book too. It didn't hurt that I was coming out on top in the deal.

I researched these guns quite a bit before agreeing to the deal, and from what I see there is a 200rd break in period give or take a few rounds. Now the kid I got it from said he shot about 30 rds through it, I don't even think it was that much from the looks of the insides. He also said it had feeding or ejecting problems.

My first though was bolt gap, but that's sitting between .015-.013 ish. So I'm figuring it needed lubed( was bone dry) and she needs some ammo ran down range. So enter 240rds of the cheapest steel 223 I could get. I've herd that's what these prefer so what the hell right?

Here it it with a Multicam Sling I made for it.

I'm heading out tomorrow for an initial test run with some cheap steel and some federal ammo. Will report how she does.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck and good shooting! C-93s seem to be a hit or a miss--either you get one that won't work very well without a great deal of tinkering , or you get one that never has a single problem. Hope yours is one of the latter!

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of these 2 years ago. I took it to the range and it would not cycle, I came home pissed!!! I got on the net read about the break in and went back. It to 3 mags of hand cycle, but after that I never had a failure. It would get extremely dirty and continue to feed. I sold it about a year and I wish I had it back. It's not like shooting an AR it's different. I can't explain it but it's a fun different.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is different, and the best part is not hearing the spring in the buffer tube clanging sound. But its a fun asp gun for sure.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found 20&30 round mags at a decent price too. Just need to decide on if it's a keeper for sure.......

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had one since 2010. I'm surprised i've had it for so long. Mine has the older grip that is HK style. Mine runs like a top and I've used it at the practical rifle match before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom