Cerakote/Duracoat/Krylon question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why's that? Duracoat sells camo kits meant to be applied on top of each other.

You're right, they do. But I'm personally not a fan of multiple layers of paint that is difficult to remove. I guess, if you have your paint scheme figured out and have practiced it a handful of times and know that's the one you are going to go with that required multiple colors; then yeah, I would go with the duracoat.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now that I'm torn, I don't know what I'm going to do. Thanks jakerz :)
But I'd still like my question answered if possible by someone who knows.

Will Krylon OR Duracoat OR AlumnaHyde bond to CeraKote?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a ton of luck kryloning over cerakote. I'll throw a new pattern on whatever the rifle of the moment is and go do work... When I'm done, or when the krylon starts looking horrible/scratched, I'll shoot it with supertech brake cleaner... Takes the krylon right off, leaves the cerakote alone. Clean slate that stays well protected by spray paint.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a ton of luck kryloning over cerakote. I'll throw a new pattern on whatever the rifle of the moment is and go do work... When I'm done, or when the krylon starts looking horrible/scratched, I'll shoot it with supertech brake cleaner... Takes the krylon right off, leaves the cerakote alone. Clean slate that stays well protected by spray paint.

That's what I am kind of wanting to do. Get some stencils or just use stuff around the house to make a semi-permanent pattern. Thanks for the answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom