Challenge Accepted. We need common sense and compromise on gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kind of ironic that all these ludicrous ideas put forth by the libs have absolutely zero common sense. They didn't even use any to come up with the ideas.
They should start by enforcing the laws they have now since they haven't bothered to do that for years.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seem to be confusing me shooting his gun with purchasing his gun. You are quite mistaken about the "felony". UBCs are about PURCHASING a firearm, not shooting someone else's gun WITH their permission and under their supervision. Comparisions to Lanza fall flat as he clearly didn't have permission to shoot his mothers guns.

You are obviously not reading the links that many have been posting. You are either trolling or accepting the libtard's word on face value and not realizing that you are being lied to. Yes in the last version that I heard of the UBC, a friend loaning you a gun at the range even if he is present, constitutes an illegal transfer. Which I believe is a federal felony. Do what you will with this information...

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are obviously not reading the links that many have been posting. You are either trolling or accepting the libtard's word on face value and not realizing that you are being lied to. Yes in the last version that I heard of the UBC, a friend loaning you a gun at the range even if he is present, constitutes an illegal transfer. Which I believe is a federal felony. Do what you will with this information...

I took one for the team and read the entire bill (and now I need a shower). I believe that allowing someone to shoot your AR-15 (or other "banned" firearm) at the range would not be illegal.
I believe this is the relevant section:
7 ‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a temporary
8 transfer of possession for the purpose of participating in
9 target shooting in a licensed target facility or established
10 range if-
11 ‘‘(A) the grandfathered semiautomatic assault
12 weapon is, at all times, kept within the premises of
13 the target facility or range; and
14 ‘‘(B) the transferee is not known to be prohib-
15 ited from possessing or receiving a grandfathered
16 semiautomatic assault weapon.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agreed
http://www.examiner.com/article/universal-background-check-bill-is-designed-to-land-you-prison

The bill would apply the check to transfers that are currently private and expand the definition of "transfer" beyond any reasonable conception of the term. The definition of a "transfer" in the bill is very broad, and it includes loaning a firearm. There are some exceptions, but the exceptions are very narrowly drawn.

Here is the text of S-374 (the UBC bill):
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s374

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took one for the team and read the entire bill (and now I need a shower). I believe that allowing someone to shoot your AR-15 (or other "banned" firearm) at the range would not be illegal.
I believe this is the relevant section:
7 ‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a temporary
8 transfer of possession for the purpose of participating in
9 target shooting in a licensed target facility or established
10 range if-
11 ‘‘(A) the grandfathered semiautomatic assault
12 weapon is, at all times, kept within the premises of
13 the target facility or range; and
14 ‘‘(B) the transferee is not known to be prohib-
15 ited from possessing or receiving a grandfathered
16 semiautomatic assault weapon.

I will have to check this out since the snippet here seems to imply that if you go to a "private range" like private property and loan a gun out or loan to a friend to go to a private (i.e. non-"licensed target facility or established range") you could run afoul of this bill's provisions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom